Opening and Closing Sentences for Formal and Informal Letters | ICSE & CBSE

In this article we had tried to give you all best opening and closing sentences for letters. Here are some of the best opening and closing sentences for formal and informal letters. If you will use these in your letters then believe me that these will help you a lot to enhance the beauty of the letter which you are writing. The reader who so ever will read the letter will be interestingly read the letter which is a very good sign. So check all these sentences, read it once and memorise these so that you can use these while writing letters. 

Formal Letter

Opening Sentences

> This is to inform you... 
> I am pained to bring to your kind attention/knowledge...
> I want to draw your kind attention towards... 
> Being a concerned citizen/resident of Kanpur(Place Name), I want to draw your attention towards... 
> Through the column of your esteemed newspaper, I would like to draw the attention of concerned authorities towards... 
It pains me to bring to your kind attention the growing issue of…
It brings me joy to bring to your kind attention the improvement in…
> I am writing to enquire about ...
> After having seen your advertisement in ... , I would like ...

Concluding/Closing Sentences

> ...With the hope that you will consider my problem genuine and take suitable steps to solve it, I put my pen down. 
> ...I would be extremely grateful to you for your kind favour if you look into the matter and relieve us by taking remedial steps to solve the problem. 
> ...It would be really kind of you to oblige me by publishing/printing this article/problem in your widely read newspaper. 
> ...I hope my points will be taken into consideration and it will reach the appropriate audience soon.
> ...Kindly grant my humble writings a little space in your prestigious newspaper.
> ...I want you to publish something regarding this grave issue.
We seek your valuable advice to get rid of these issues.

________________________

Informal Letter

Opening Sentences

> Received your letter dated... 
> My heartiest congratulation on your success... 
> My heartfelt condolences on your bereavement... 
> Thank you very much for your support/gift...
> It was a shock to hear about the demise of your... 
> I must apologise to you for... 
> Sorry for not writing to you earlier... 
> I would like to tell you/I would like you to know... 
> I am sure you will be happy to hear... 
> Hello, it's been a long time since I have written a letter to you... 
> Hi, my dear friend hope you are having a joyous time... 
> I thought of dropping a line and was thinking about you lately... 
Well and wish to hear the same from you... 

Concluding / Closing Sentences

> ...Convey my regards to your parents. 
> ...Hope to hear from you soon. 
> ...Do not keep me waiting. Reply soon. 
> ...Let me know if you need any help. 
> ...Looking forward to meeting you soon.
________________________

These are some opening and closing sentences can be used while writing formal and informal letters. If you want to know about the writing format of formal and informal letters. Click this link : Format of Formal and Informal Letters
Share this with your friends if you think this is helpful🌈🌈🌈
____________________

Write a letter to your cousin, inviting him to spend summer vacation with you

Post a Comment

Comment 💬 us so that we could know about your experience in our website and bring better quality content for you.

Previous Post Next Post